Frijns Structural Steel Middle East realized a super structure for Nakilat Ship Repair Yard in the harbor of Ras Laffan. Nakilat is a part of Qatar Petroleum. The realization of this project was done in a joint venture with Frijns Structural Steel and De Kok Staalbouw. The buildings were designed by Royal Haskoning. The structural steel was produced and painted in The Netherlands and then shipped to Ras Laffan Qatar. The structural steel parts were pre-assembled in Ras Laffan. The complete construction of 10.000 tons of structural steel was erected by Frijns Structural Steel.
2 min 48 sec
This short projectmovie called STRUCTURAL STEEL for QATAR (2min48″) was made in 2010. The project has been officially opened in 2011 by HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and HH Emir Sjeih Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
The complete ship repair yard project can be subdivided into twelve buildings with 10.000 tonnage steel construction.
- Subcontractors Facility 120 x 30 metres 465 tons of steel
- Stores & Support Facility 130 x 120 metres 2112 tons of steel
- M & E Facility 120 x 80 metres 1041 tons of steel
- Pipeworking Facility 120 x 80 metres 92 tons of steel
- Plate & Section Stock Yard 125 x 62 metres 434 tons of steel
- Treatment Line 40 x 13 metres 62 tons of steel
- Steel Working Facility 130 x 120 metres 2959 tons of steel
- Paint & Blast Cells 50 x 35 metres 292 tons of steel
- Mobile Shelters 30 x 30 meters 1920 tons of steel
- Paint Store 21 x 18 meters 18 tons of steel
- Chain & Block Store 20 x 15 metres 20 tons of steel